Wednesday, June 27, 2007

--> Siem Reap

Took the boat back to Siem Reap, up the Tonle Sap. Water levels were too low on the river, so a bus took us part of the way, and then we hopped on a boat where the river turns into a lake.

The entire Tonle Sap Lake is brown. Like milk tea.

The boat was kind of fun, but apparently it was more fun for me cos I am short and not a large, full-grown man for whom the seats were kinda cramped. Oh well. Lucky me! :) The boat ride was wonderful and mind-numbing at the same time. It's like 4 hours of no-thinking on the water. Bliss. Got sunburned on one arm. (The arm sticking out the side of the boat).

Boatman


We saw floating villages - fishermen were out casting nets, kids were playing in the water... I took pictures. Then I felt bad, cos these people now live with tourists driving through their villages, gawking. That's what I was doing - gawking and taking pictures.

Petrol

No comments: