Monday, October 23, 2006

Motorcycles on the sidewalk

Sorry for the delay in posts. These did not all happen in one day.

Seoul. Man, all my clothes smell like barbeque now. :) Mm. Meat.

Fact. Taxis in Korea do not make u-turns. If you try to hail a cab on the side of the road that is in the opposite direction to where you are going, the taxi will not turn around or go around the block. The driver will actually make you get out, cross the street and take another taxi. The first time this happened, we had no idea what the taxi driver was ranting and gesticulating about, so we stayed put and he had to take us to our destination, but boy, he seemed really put out (even though it was just a 5 minute ride!).


A GIANT BOWL OF BIBIMBAP.







Next two pictures: octopus stew (not moving). Yummy or what. (no, it really was yummy.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but that giant bowl of bibimbap is terrifying because the egg yolk is gigantic. Ugh. Gives me the shivers. Thanks to you, I'll never be able to eat the damn thing again! E

Anonymous said...

AMAZING, and NIGHTMARISH BBB I WISH I ATE THAT!!!! IS THIS THE GRACE MEAL? swimmer