Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Old boy


Yesterday, I did a dumb thing. I saw that there was an open talk between a Korean (director?) and Kore-eda (I don't remember his full name - the guy who did NOBODY KNOWS) and I was excited. I wanted to see Kore-eda speak! So I went down to the PIFF pavilion and it wasn't till I sat down that I realized: waitaminute. One dude's Korean and the other's Japanese. How the heck am I going to understand this talk? Well. I didn't.

Here's a picture of them in the flesh, which is just about as much as I got out of this open talk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think "Nobody Knows" was all that:-( Anyway, did any of the other people in the audience think you were either Japanese or Korean and attempt to make small talk avec toi? E

opus2 said...

EVERYBODY tries to talk to me in Korean. especially when i'm around white people (my producers are white).

FoodSnob said...

I agree with Samatello. Let's see a picture of you with a picture of yourself posing with a picture of a student posing with a picture of Andy Lau. Make it happen.